Adding the GUI

Re-tested and submitted the results in the comments.

A call today might be tricky, because I’m sick and my voice isn’t strong, but I can try :slight_smile:

hey @kuba-orlik for some reason running arc patch D1354 doesnt patch the code to the latest commit (added log to gui, 7e132870fe03), but rather it patches the second-to-latest commit (added gui 146e325d928f), please find the way to run the real latest version of the code, I can assure the code is in the diff, i can see it in the commits tab.

Neither two of the commits you’ve pointed out are in the repository (https://hub.sealcode.org/source/rentgendroid/history/master/), so I am not sure what’s going on on your side. I’ve confirmed that the changes contained within the latest diff version are reflected on my local code after patching.

The arc patch takes the entire diff and applies it as a single commit on top of the commit base it is assigned to. In this case the latest diff points to c8fddb798791:

And that is in fact what’s being reflected after cloning and patching on my local machine:

This is how I’ve confirmed that the changes from your latest diff version are downloaded into my local machine:

1. I’ve checked the files modified by that diff version

1. I made sure that those changes are on my disk after patching:

Let me know if I’ve missed something

checking the commit tab, we can see 2 commits, only the first one appears in the git log, anyway, apparently you have the latest code, i will check and run the script you gave to see if it works for me, if it doesnt we can call

1 Like

Ok, standing by!

just ran the exact script you gave me, works on my machine, when can we call (asap)?

Soooo it seems that it just works slower on my machine and never gets down to the desired interval. I’m going to raise the limits and test the diff so it doesn’t block us, but we have to re-visit and understand performance variations across different hardware at some point

Sent some more comments!

Apparently this can take snapshots slightly faster: GitHub - dtmilano/CulebraTester2-public: CulebraTester: Snaky Android Testing. I’ve just tested that and got a stable ~300ms per screenshot on my slow, slow machine :slight_smile:

Could be a nice next task for Rentgendroid.

@kuba-orlik D1354 requested changes implemented

Added some comments :slight_smile: D1354

@kuba-orlik done solving the tiny issues

@migueldar accepted! Ready to land! :fire: